Work with sunny
Sunny Communities in a reputable home builder who is looking for a passionate individual to join our team. We are more than a developer, we bring you the difference between a house and a home. If you are an enthusiastic, hard worker who can work in a fast-pace environment, then this is the place for you.
Working with Sunny Communities means making a difference for those looking to buy a home. Our goal is to go beyond what is expected and deliver innovative services, so that when people find their dream home, they are living the life they have always imagined. We are a team of builders, creators and architectural leaders who craft one-of-a-kind homes.
Join us in transforming the world as it is today, into something life-changing tomorrow.
Job title: Project Accountant
Reporting to the Controller, the Project Accountant isresponsible for coordinating the accurate and timely entry and reporting of data in the company financial systems. This includes accounts receivable, subcontract management, accounts payable and month end reporting. Interaction and communication with management and project teams are important to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of data.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
- Create project accounts on Newstar accounting system
- Process invoices in a timely manner after obtaining the proper approval and investigate any PO, contract, or change order discrepancies.
- Ensure proper matching of construction invoices and lien releases for contractor and vendor invoices. Maintain contract documents including records of lien releases in the appropriate files
- Effectively communicate with contract manager and or construction manager regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals and any additional services related to payables
- Handle supplier inquiries in a timely manner and perform account reconciliation as required
- Verify and process employee expense reports
- Set up projects (jobs), budgets, job costs, cost codes, contracts, change orders, purchase orders, and run various construction reports
- Prepare/gather materials related to construction for internal and external auditors
- Perform budget allocations for multiple projects, ensuring allocations conform with contract terms.
- Assist in preparing monthly financial projections, including but not limited to, potential cost issues that may impact forecasted costs and probability
- Prepare draws to banks, financial institutions, partners, and owners; ensuring all allowable costs are billed in a timely manner
- Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance, maintain general ledger
- Manage the accounts payable and receivables functions, paying bills and tax filing
- Responsible for bank and account reconciliations, month end and preparing financial statements
- Responsible for all accounting matters – draws, deposits, equity, mortgage payments, etc.
- Deal with closing processes, managing all deposits from purchasers and from tenants
- Manage equity draws for project ownership entities, partnerships, and joint ventures consistent with their respective legal structuring
- Liaise with Tarion and the opening of new registrations
- Review statement of adjustments on acquisitions and sales
- Act as “Internal Auditor” assuring internal controls are being followed as well as Assist with interim and year‐ end audit and reporting requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration
- 3‐5 years of experience, preferably in Construction or Project Accounting
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Office programs; knowledge of MRI, Avid or Procore is considered an asset
- Strong quantitative skills, established critical thinking and analytical ability
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- A team player that can work in an entrepreneurial environment and balance changing priorities, meeting deadlines and take direction from multiple sources
- Self‐motivated and proactive with an established track record of effectively completing tasks independently
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to standards with a track record of actively checking for accuracy
Sunny Communities in a reputable home builder who is looking for a passionate individual to join our team. We are more than a developer; we bring you the difference between a house and a home. If you are an enthusiastic, hard worker who can work in a fast‐pace environment, then this is the place for you. Working with Sunny Communities means making a difference for those looking to buy a home. Our goal is to go beyond what is expected and deliver innovative services, so that when people find their dream home, they are living the life they have always imagined. We are a team of builders, creators and architectural leaders who craft one‐of‐a‐kind homes.
Join us in transforming the world as it is today, into something life‐changing tomorrow
Date posted: May 06, 2021
Job title: Design Centre Administrator
Sunny Communities is seeking a Design Centre Administrator to join our team in our newly renovated Design Centre located in Markham. The individual in this role will report directly to the Design Centre Manger and work closely with all members of the Sales and Construction team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Set up tracker and prep Design Centre Purchaser Files.
- Schedule Purchaser appointments in accordance with construction cut off dates.
- Reminder calls for appointments.
- Update purchaser’s contact information upon request.
- Assist homeowners for scheduled browsing appointments.
- Close bank machine and gather all transaction receipts on a daily base.
- Update monthly Design Centre Deposit Statement.
- Update deposit payment and upgrade revenue in tracker for each project.
- Send off Design Centre amendments to head office for execution.
- Create Design Centre packages for lawyer.
- Validate Design Centre upgrades section on monthly closing summary to ensure accuracy, with dollar value complete, admin fee charges.
- Liaise with Site Super, Sales Administrator, Accounts Payable, and lawyer on any issues.
- Submit cheque requisition/refund request as needed.
- Maintain and manage the Design Centre product library and samples; meet with suppliers and product representatives to ensure the most up-to-date materials if required.
Front desk and general administration support including:
- Performs opening and closing duties of the Design Centre including, locking and unlocking of the doors, keeping reception/showroom area clean, receiving all voicemails and post mail, etc.
- Prepare welcome sign for next day appointments.
- Order office supplies.
- Process expense report, mileage report, and vacation request as needed.
- Process and record office invoices as needed.
• Other duties within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job, as requested by management.
Specialized Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- 1-2 years of experience are required along with college diploma in Interior Decorating from an accredited school. Proficiency in a second language would be an asset.
- Experience with new home construction is highly desirable.
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings/blackline drawings is preferred.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office. Experience and or the ability to learn décor software program.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is critical.
- Highly developed customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task with tight schedules and prioritize work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Shows Initiative and demonstrates sense of ownership.
Date posted: March 16, 2021
Job title: Office Administrator
• Greet clients as soon as they arrive and connect them with the appropriate party
• Answer the phone in a timely manner and direct calls to the correct offices
• Create and manage both digital and hardcopy filing systems for all partners
• Make travel arrangements and schedule meetings based on all partners’ itineraries
• Deal with bookings by phone, e-mail, letter, fax or face-to-face
• Complete procedures when Guests arrive and leave
• Prepare bills and take payments
• Take and pass on messages to Guests
• Deal with special requests from Guests
• Answer questions about what the hotel offers and the surrounding area
• Clean conference room after each meeting
• Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
• Experience Required: At least 2 years experiences in office.
Date posted: August 20, 2020